Current seniors are invited to attend the Ohio Unified Interview and Audition Day January 11, 2020, at Hilliard Darby High School.
Ohio Thespians are sponsoring a once-a-year opportunity for students to audition for musical theatre, acting, design and technology, and general theatre programs. Universities from across the state and surrounding areas will attend to meet with students and discuss potential opportunities.
- Indiana University South Bend
- The University of Akron
- Michigan State University
- Niagara University
- University of Evansville
- Wittenberg University
- Otterbein University
- Marietta College
- University of Findlay
- Rochester College
- Heidelberg University
- Ashland University
- Ohio University
Students do not need to be members of the Thespian Society. The Ohio Unified Interview and Audition day is sponsored by Ohio Thespians, but all seniors interested in a career in the arts are invited to register.
- Performers will be given three minutes to present their best work (singing, acting or a combination). All students must sing live. A musical theatre accompanist will be provided.
- Technicians, Directors and Managers will have three minutes to present a sampling of their portfolio and discuss their wants for college.
- Students can also participate in a dance call. Please note, Musical Theatre applicants are required to be at the dance call. A college level dance instructor will lead the dance call.
- Once auditions and interviews are finished, universities will select students to callback and talk about their programs in more depth.
Student registration opens on Friday, November 1, 2019. For question contact Matt Wolfe, Ohio Thespians Higher Education Liaison.
- Use your two minutes wisely. Each piece should be no more than a minute
- Dress to impress, but be comfortable.
- Be You, we want to get know the artist and person.
- Bring a notebook for callbacks. There is a lot of information being given and you don’t want to be typing notes on your phone instead of having conversations with the colleges
- Bring water, hydration is important.
- Tell your parents that the auditions are closed. You should be dropped off and picked up. They should come with you in the afternoon during your callback time.
- Headshots and resumes are not required.
To participate, students need to log on to GetAcceptd, select major, submit profile information, and enter payment. This information will be shared with participating colleges only and be used as registration for Ohio Unified Theatre Audition and Interview Day.
There is no need to apply to the colleges before the audition. Once the schools attend, they will assist in getting applications completed for their schools so your student may be considered for the freshmen class in the fall of 2020.Registration
The Ohio Chapter of the Educational Theatre Association is delighted to once again partner with you and your institution to create incredible recruitment opportunities for Ohio’s next generation of theatre professionals. This annual event is a unique chance to engage with young thespians and aspiring technicians, performers, directors, writers, teachers, dancers, and other future-theatre professionals.
- Register before October 15, 2019 to be included in the advertising that sent to high school seniors around Ohio and surrounding states. Over 5,000 students are contacted annually regarding this incredible event, and you are what makes it successful.
- Register by October 15, 2019 to attend both state conference and Ohio Unified Audition and Interview Day for only $100. Each event carries a $75.00 registration fee.