What is Fall for Thespians?
What is Fall for Thespians you ask? It is a one-day event combining three of our most popular events — Ohio Unifieds, All-Ohio, and Thespys — it’s the biggest auditions of the year for our Thespians!
College auditions for those seniors wanting to continue studying performance or technical theatre in college.
Students from all over Ohio will come together to put on this year’s musical Fun Home—a musical adapted by Lisa Kron and Jeanine Tesori from Alison Bechdel’s 2006 graphic memoir of the same name. Read the audition packet carefully and be sure to know the topics and themes covered in the musical.
Below is the information you need for Saturday and for those participating virtually. We are so excited for our first “in-person” event in over a year. If you have any questions, please let me know and Break A Leg!
In Person Event Information:
• Check in at the registration table upon arrival to receive your name badge and information for the day.
• Doors will open at 9am.
• PAYMENT must be made before credentials will be given for the day. Each registrant has received an email with their invoice. If you did not, please contact Adam Hayward at email@example.com. You MAY pay on the day of the event with cash, check or credit card.
• All students and adults MUST wear a mask while moving about the building.
• Masks may be removed during presentation of materials.
• All attendees must adhere to social distancing protocols.
• Please make sure devices are on silent upon entering the building
• Dressing Rooms will be available for students who wish to change in and out of clothing for their events (Thespy, Dance, Audition, etc)
• Westerville Central Theatre Boosters will have a concession stand with light snacks for purchase. Lunch is not provided at this event.
• All Thespians participating in Thespys should check in at registration no later than 9:30am on Saturday.
• When you register you will get your room assignments.
• For Thespys please remember to bring your own device to play your accompaniment
• Playwriting, Short Film and any virtual submissions need to be submitted no later than 11pm on Friday, November 5, 2021.
• You must wear all black
• You must wear a mask for the full day of events but can take off to perform if you would like. Please keep the mask on if you feel more comfortable. No points will be taken off for this decision.
• Results will be posted electronically. If you can’t stay, do not worry. You do not need to be present to receive your results.
• Double Superior for Thespys will also be posted at 1:30pm. Any student who competes in Thespys will get a copy of their judges comments emailed to them within the next week.
• All auditioners are required to wear a mask when not performing.
• Auditions will start with a dance call at 10am.
• Please register no later than 9:30am.
• If you are also doing Thespys, do not stress. Do your dance audition then head to your assigned Thespy room. After you have done your Thespy performance, you may head to the Unified audition.
• Callbacks for Unifieds will be posted no later than 1:30pm. Instructions for callbacks will be given at that time.
• All auditioners are required to wear a mask when not performing.
• If you are doing Unifieds, Thespys, and All Ohio, please report to All Ohio 3rd.
• If you are only doing All Ohio, please sign in at registration by 10:30am. Auditions will start at 11:30am.
• Callbacks for All-Ohio will be posted no later than 1:30pm. Instructions for callbacks will be given at that time.
• Any student sending a virtual Thespy, College Audition, or All Ohio Audition must submit a video no later than 11:59:59pm this Friday, November 5th.
• To submit virtually, please use the appropriate link below. Instructions for submissions will be on the link.
◦ Link for Thespys: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Sav1XBubO5F9Y40duHdy
◦ Link for All-Ohio: https://www.dropbox.com/request/d5FQEkRSWBp8Kdz2GB1J
◦ Link for Ohio Unifieds: https://www.dropbox.com/request/cO6BzPbvGDqPenAh7GYg
Participating Colleges and Universities
Austin Peay State University
Austin Peay State University offers a BA in Theatre and Dance with concentrations in Theatre or Dance, and a BFA with concentrations in Acting, Dance, Design, or Musical Theatre. APSU prepares the student to become a working professional in the entertainment industry by being well-versed in many disciplines and skills. Our season consists of six performances with no restrictions on freshmen auditioning. Encouraging professional work while you are in school, APSU strives to provide an equitable, diverse, and immediately applicable education. Answer your creative impluse. Scholarships are available. Check out theatredance.apsu.edu for more info.
Ball State University
We believe that the successful training of young artists is inextricably linked to the successful development of kind, generous, thoughtful, forward-thinking human beings. We empower our students to collaborate in educational and creative endeavors that foster empathy and explore how our art affects the world and how the world impacts our art. We are committed to academic and artistic excellence and a lifelong responsibility of citizenship.
We connect artistic discovery to real-world application. You will receive hands-on advising and mentoring from a faculty of working artists who will guide you in developing your own unique artistic voice.We value inclusivity, risk-taking, and an expanded world view.We inspire our students to be self-starters and to implement a plan for their time on campus and beyond.
Mount St. Joseph University
At MSJ Theatre Arts we believe theatre is for everyone. All students, regardless of their major, are invited to be a part of our co-curricular program. If you love theatre but don’t plan to pursue it as your day job, we are the place for you! We offer a variety of activities, including Productions, Courses, and Theatre Lab, so you can get involved at your level of interest. At MSJ, we believe artists provide a vital service to the community, which is why theatre participants can qualify for $1,000 a year off your tuition through our Renaissance Award. Come get into character with us, and climb higher at the Mount.
Playbill.com as a BA program to watch. Heidelberg University Theatre offers students four years of intensive hands-on learning. With one on one mentorship from faculty and our innovative guest artists programs students will not only develop skills but connect with working artists from around the world. Offering concentrations in Acting, Musical Theatre, Production, and Theatre Education our program is designed with flexibility in mind. A full 5 show season offers students the opportunity to hit the stage early and often.
- Website: https://www.heidelberg.edu/academics/programs/theatre Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HUMusicAndTheatre and https://www.facebook.com/GundlachTheatre
- Instagram: @gundlachtheatre
- Twitter: @gundlachtheatre
2303 College Ave
Huntington, IN 46750
Degrees: BA: Theatre Performance, Theatre Technology, Theatre, Theatre (NYC Semester); Minor: Theatre, Performance Technology
Profile: Huntington University is a comprehensive Christian university of the liberal arts offering programs in more than 70 academic concentrations, including theatre, music, and film. HU is located on a contemporary, lakeside campus in northeast Indiana. HU is consistently ranked among the best universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes.com, and The Princeton Review.
Contact: Ryan Long
Marietta College’s Department of Theatre offers programs designed to meet the varied needs of students, whether you seek to pursue a career in the entertainment industry or are interested in studying theatre as part of a broader liberal arts education.
As part of our close-knit community, students explore topics from acting to dance to directing and from stage combat to projection design, depending on their major and interests. Beginning their freshman year, they apply their growing skills to productions to create dynamic theatre experiences.
The Department of Theatre offers four programs: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theatre, Bachelor of Arts in Theatre, and Theatre Minor.
The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts
MUSICAL THEATER PERFORMANCE
Two-year Musical Theater Performance Program teaches the skills to tell the story – as an actor first. Rigorous courses in acting, voice, dance, and theater business ready students to work in the industry, on stage and on camera. Earn an Associate Degree in Occupational Studies, Musical Theater Performance.
NEW YORK CONSERVATORY (blurb)
We know that deciding how and where to pursue your professional acting career is one of life’s biggest decisions. The New York Conservatory offers small class size and a collaborative learning experience to transform you from a student into an actor who works. We believe the sooner you can start your career, the better.
In the conservatory environment, you will work all day, every day strictly on your craft. Our highly disciplined training programs give you the tools for a successful career as an actor in film, television, and musical theater.
Students graduate with the tools in hand to get work—including a resume and network of industry contacts. Film & TV graduates will have a professional reel, and Musical Theater graduates will have personalized repertoire book.
The University of Oklahoma Helmerich School of Drama
The University of Oklahoma Helmerich School of Drama is the second-oldest professional theatre training program in the United States, preparing students for professional careers in the theatre and entertainment industries. As a part of one of the largest and most prestigious universities in the country, it can also offer students opportunities to expand their horizons outside their major field of study.
Prospective students may arrange auditions, campus and theatre tours, interviews with academic advisors and faculty, and to see productions by scheduling appointments in advance. Interested students should contact the Drama Recruitment Office at (405) 325-0546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.