Recognize an Outstanding Administrator
In an effort to recognize principals and superintendents who support theatre within their schools, EdTA: Ohio Chapter has created an Administrator’s Award plaque which will be presented during the State Conference awards ceremony on Sunday. If you are an active Thespian Troupe registered for Conference and are blessed with a supportive administrator, nominate him or her by composing a letter of nomination and submitting it to Irene Imboden by the posted deadline.
Recognize an Outstanding Theatre Educator
To nominate an Outstanding Theatre Educator, please download, print, and fill out this form and submit it to Irene Imboden by the posted deadline.
Honor Troupe recognition is to promote excellence within your troupe and to challenge your troupe to achieve greater things in the future. Any number of troupes can be recognized each year. REMEMBER: You are not in competition with other Thespian Troupes.
1. Honor Troupe Awards will be divided into three categories: bronze, silver, and gold. The time frame for troupe activities one school calendar year. Applications are due by February 18, 2017, for the previous year’s activities. The awards will be announced at the State Thespian Conference.
2. Any school that meets the criteria, completes the necessary paperwork, and successfully participates in an interview session may earn an Honor Troupe Award. Any number of troupes may be honored in each category.
3. Each troupe is responsible for submitting a portfolio of the previous year's activities. Included in the portfolio should be evidence of involvement which can be shown through pictures, newspaper clippings, minutes of Thespian meetings, correspondence, etc. There must be proof for all activities. The book must be in the order listed on the Honor Troupe Application.
4. Submissions can be made electronically by creating an online portfolio using a program such as Google presentation or Powerpoint, or they can be in hard copy form.
5. One student should be selected to participate in the interview process in order to answer any questions about the application and scrapbook if necessary.
6. The Thespian Troupe does not need to be present at the State Thespian Conference to receive recognition.
7. In order to achieve each level, the troupe must score at the designated level or above in all categories.
8. Submissions should be sent to Natalie Henceroth at email@example.com or 545 Park Ave., Amherst, OH 44001
Hall of Fame Nominations
We are currently seeking nominations for the EdTA: Ohio Chapter Hall of Fame. Below are the criteria. Please send nominations to Irene Imboden by State Conference Early Bird Deadline.
Nominations for Educational Theatre Association: Ohio Chapter Hall of Fame:
1. Any current EdTA: Ohio Chapter adult member may submit a letter of nomination.
2. Letters should contain the following information: (a) the full name and title (if appropriate) of the nominee, (b) the current school, business, community, or organizational affiliation of the nominee, (c) any previous such affiliations that contribute to the nominee's qualifications, (d) a list of the specific contributions the nominee has made to the work of the organization, (e) a statement by the person submitting the letter that he/she has researched and verified the accuracy of the information contained in the letter.
1. The nominee must have served EdTA: Ohio Chapter in a significant manner over a period of several years.
2. The nominee may be a college/university professor or instructor, a conference host, an All-Ohio Show Director or Tech Director, a workshop or in-service presenter, a former Thespian Troupe director, a businessman, a parent, or a member of the community at large.
3. The contributions of the nominee may have focused on one or more areas which either advanced theatre education for students and teachers or advanced the organization's ability to serve its members.
If you have any further questions about the Hall of Fame process, please email Irene Imboden.
Last updated: 12/13/2015